Friday, February 18, 2011

Going out with a Bang in Sydney

Sydney has been a lot of fun! Like my last post, we went to the Sydney zoo and then the next day we went and toured the Sydney Opera house. That was actually really really sweet. My thoughts walking through that place was that the Grand Ol Opry had nothing on it. I wish I could have performed on that stage; it was freaking AWESOME! The next day we headed to the beach (Manly beach) and it was a picture perfect beach. The atmosphere was sweet; we liked it so much that we even headed there the next day too! We bought a multi pass for the week which allowed us to take the ferry to the zoo and the ferry to the beach as well as the buses around town. Sydney is such a cool place, it kind of reminds me of New York City with how many people that walk around this place and how much activity goes on.

Today was our last day in Sydney and we decided to go out with a bang. SKYDIVING! I actually wasn't that scared at all, SURPRISING! I think bungee jumping prepared me a lot for skydiving because bungee jumping was 10x more scary. Weird that it was, but the ground comes up on you a whole lot faster when you bungee and also you have to jump by yourself instead of with an instructor. It was Jaclyn, sara, me, Joe, and Eric that decided to skydive. We woke up at 5:30 this morning and headed out there. We were the very first group of the day to go and man, were we excited. When we were in the plane, we tried to scare the other girls so we started to rock back and forth in this little plane. The pilot purposely jolted the plane down and then back up again to scare everyone and then yelled out, "I'm in control of this plane". They liked to scare us and joke around with us the whole way up. One of the instructors yelled out, "I'm colored blind, so make sure you point out the difference from the land and the shore line". Funny guy. It actually didn't scare me at all, he was just trying to get the other girls freaked out. MAN was it a cool experience. I would do it again in a heart beat!

So we have done bungee jumping, skydiving, white water rafting, snorkeling in the great barrier reef... I don't think it can get much better then this. Next on our agenda is Fremantle for school! Goodbye sydney and hello Fremantle. This vacation had been an experience of a lifetime. I will take these memories with me forever. <3












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator