Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bar Crawl

So yesterday was a gorgeous day! It rained in the morning and then it was hot and sunny. We walked down to the beach and hung out at the beach yesterday afternoon. All the boys got sun burn pretty bad. Typical boys. Unfortunately my camera broke yesterday. It's pretty annoying having a suitcase that broke and now a camera. I bought a new suitcase yesterday because I needed one, and I looked into buying a new camera, but it was around $400-$500 for a camera. NOO THANK YOU. We have 8 cameras between the 9 of us now. I think I'll survive until I get to Australia where I can get one maybe duty free at the airport or something. I have to hold off for now.

Last night we entered into a Bar Crawl. The motto was Why walk when you can crawl? haa. We went to six different bars and had a free drink at each. One of our stops on our journey was an Ice Bar called minus 5. The whole bar (including the walls, glasses and seats) is made completely out of ice. It was AWESOME. At each bars, there were some games that were played for drinks. At one of the bars, there was a pull up contest on the celling. A guy winner and a girl winner were granted a drink. I tried and did one pull up and no girl wanted to challenge me so I won the drink with one pull up. :) Last night I had a blast and it was one of the best times I had in a while. The landlord here is getting kind of fed up with our group though. We are a loud group in general, and have been warned twice to quiet down. He made a stereotypical comment to us that Americans have bigger houses than the people here so we are used to talking louder compared to here where they have little houses that are all basically on top of each other. I guess it is just a difference of culture and we have to get used to it.

Today it is raining extremely hard, we are all just relaxing and having a super chill day. I think we are still going out tonight. Four more people just got here from the group, so we are going to meet up with them a little later and go out tonight.

We were going to head to Cairns after here, but we are probably going to skip it because of the hurricane. We have some friends over there right now that had to evacuate, but she is back at her place now. We aren't sure the extent of the damage there and no one can fly in there until after the 6th. We are still trying to figure out now what our travel plans are going to be after here. We'll probably decide in the next few days once we figure out the extent of the damage in Cairns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator