Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Day in NZ

Yesterday we walked around the park here that over looks the fresh water lake. This town is so neat, clean, and beautiful and the environment is a lot more laid back. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but pictures or words cannot describe this place. We walked around and did a little shopping in town. I bought a straightener at a beauty shop that wasn't actually too expensive. However, Make-up here is EXTREMELY expensive. OPI nail polish is $25 and a cheap bottle of mascara is $35. Tax is included in the overall price. Looks like if I run out of makeup I would just be out of luck. Everything here is a lot more expensive! It does make it a little better that the exchange rate is $0.80 to the NZ $1.00. I wish the weather was a little warmer. I shouldn't complain because it feels so nice compared to Minnesota and it feels hot when the sun comes out, it just doesn't get extremely warm like I'm going to experience in Australia. Our condo is really sweet! it is in the center of town and we can walk to practically everything we need to. The grocery store and the liquor store are just a block away(mom, cover your ears:) ). This afternoon we are planning on going up the mountain on the gondola and eating at a restaurant on the top of the mountain. Then we plan on hiking up another mountain.  They say it takes about 8 hours to hike up it. This will hopefully be pretty sweet:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator