Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vacation Ending

I leave for OZ bright and early in the morning. In these past two days, little to no work has taken place, but there was a whole lot of RnR--perfect timing before finals week. This vacation was a very good stress reliever and mental break. Yesterday, I got a $10 full-body hour massage, a hot tub, an ice bath, a steam room/sauna, laying out in the sun, and a swim up bar. It was 100% pure awesomeness. It was a much needed self day. Today, I woke up on the early side and laid by the pool all morning (got a little burnt) and then once again headed into Patong city. That pretty much consisted of my whole day--not too much went on, but another awesome day to say the least. I had an iced coffee at McDonads for 40Bat, which is a little over one dollar and some Tai food today for 80Bat, which is about $2.50. I wish I had these prices back home! --first time I am able to say that.

It's weird, but being in this Asian country, it reminds me more of America than Australia does. Its the little things like the food tastes more american, I don't have to pay for ketchup AND the ketchup tastes the same as it does in the states, there is burger king here instead of hungry jacks, everything isn't ridiculously over priced, there is skippy peanut butter here, ... I could go on. It just feels like this is kind of like the China Towns we find in the US. I never thought being in an Asian country would feel more like America than a westernized country like Australia.

Just some photos from the trip:

Thai Money, Bats

First beach we went to

Blue Hawaiian: SO GOOD! my very first cocktail since I have been legal.

Gav and I meditating.

Our elephant made out of towels

Some of us at the bar

Lez and I all dolled up

Mood lighting, in the hotel

Here is an outside bathroom at the hotel, I love the architecture. 

All mirrors


You can't really see but there are flames in the background

Me at the pool

A closer look.

The pool and the ocean!

Patong city

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator