Friday, June 3, 2011

5000 word paper

As the title of this suggests, I had a 5000 word paper due this week. AHH!
and I thought writing a 2000 word paper was bad enough. GOODNESS.
actually, if I enjoyed writing paper, this is one that I would have enjoyed to write. It was
about identity pertaining to immigrants in Australia. The basis of it was about the question how does an immigrant keep an identity while trying to assume the new culture/traditions? It was basically about how immigrants struggle with finding an identity in a completely new culture and way of life with a shout out to racism. It was actually really interesting to read up on and find out all about this stuff. I just did not enjoy the part where I had to write 5000 words on it. Alright, enough complaining, it's DONE! whoohoo! and now tonight we have a party bus that we are all going on and then leaving for Thailand tomorrow. Probably the two best cures for beating myself up over this paper. Last day of class was today and I just said goodbye to my friends staying here--the semester is really coming to an end: WEIRD. It seems like I have been here forever, but yet not at the same time. I am getting homesick, but I think that is the sole sake that it doesn't feel like I am in a foreign place anymore, but rather I am in my dorm room writing papers and preparing for finals while I see all these photos of my friends at home in the summer without school work. Or the fact that I see a ton of photos of all my friends back together for the summertime, and I am still so far away in a school environment without everyone. There are aspects of home I miss a lot, but yet I know when I get home, there are aspects of Australia I am definitely going to miss. Likewise, going home will be bittersweet for sure.

Here is where I am off to: Phuket, Thailand! We are staying in a Mariot--classy for like $100 for the 5 days I am there. Excited for cheap prices!



I searched google images of Phuket, Thailand and this is what came up--beautiful. I hope it looks like this when I am there and not some really dirty town. You better believe I'll have an update. Praying for safe travels and a safe experience in a new country! I have no idea what this experience will be like.




Here are some travel tips that I will take into consideration ... Mom && Dad, I will be sure to ignore rule 4:) --only kidding... but I will make sure to do rule 10!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator