Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cowabunga!


This past weekend I took a surf lesson for the first time. SOO HARD, but a lot of fun! It was $30 to rent a surf board, a wet suit, and an instructor for an hour and a half. Not bad. It was me and 6 other from my group and we all were able to stand up at least once. I have snow boarded and wake boarded, but surfing is a lot harder than both, well, for me it was. I would definitely do it again. Being here makes me want to live by the ocean. It has gotten a lot colder here. It has gotten down to the 60s and that is beyond cold for me. I can't believe I am saying this because if it was this temperature at home around this time, I would be going crazy. What has Australia done to me!? It has turned me out of a Minnesotan girl and into a freeze baby. I am not going to know what to next year when winter hits if I think that 60s is freezing.


Here is the group looking professional with our surf boards:)


http://www.facebook.com/#!/twocolleges  this photo is on the main CSB/SJU facebook page. Surprising because John ruined the photo by having a wine bottle in his hand:) Still in love with this photo. I definitely want to go back there some day!

G'DAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator