Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Host family

Tonight Heather, Kelsey and I got randomly connected with a host family. A dad (Peter) 3 kinds(2 girls and one boy) and a mom (Samantha). They took us into their house and made dinner for us. The neighborhood had a very modern look to it and the house was extremely nice. We had no idea really who the family was, only that Peter was one of the coaches for the East Coast Eagles. We talked over dinner and Peter told us that he had played on the East Coast Eagles back in the day for 10 years. We were pretty impressed, but didn't really think anything of it. After dinner we were watching fox sports and the AFL top 100 players of all time and he comes up as number 30 of all time. Clips of him playing flashed across the screen as we listened to the announcers brag about how good his stats were. It was crazy, I didn't think too much of it, but when I got back to the dorms I was talking to my RA. She asked where I was and mentioned that I just had dinner with a host family and the dad used to play for the Eagles. I mentioned that he is now the coach and told her his name was Peter S.. something. Anna knew exactly who I was talking about and said it was a big deal that we had dinner with them and that we should invite them to our community dinner. It would be equivalent to eating dinner with a big name from the twins. My mind was blown. I had no idea.

Peter Sumich



What a cool opportunity. The family was so awesome, and we told them that next time we will cook a traditional Minnesota dish for them for our next dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011 Australia. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates WP by Wpthemescreator